Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance Marketing and Sales
About this job
Be part of our team…
An opportunity for a Business Development Manager, Maritime Systems has opened up in General Dynamics Mission Systems to join our team in the UK.
About General Dynamics UK:
General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of more than 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defence and scientific arenas. In the UK, we employ more than 1,400 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles, avionics and communication systems. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency.
We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team.
A typical day would include:
- Leadership for UK maritime strategy, business development and capture activities.
- Identification of UK military maritime business opportunities in line with the team’s long term strategic vision.
- Customer relationship development and the cultivation of new relationships with a core focus in the UK market.
- Build a powerful network with representatives/project staff in various government and customer departments and organizations which are able to support our business interests.
- Align with other Mission Systems International BD managers and capture team staff to ensure adequate programme support for franchise growth initiatives.
- Lead trade show and conference delegations to promote the business and its capabilities.
You will bring to the established team:
- Business Development experience in a UK defence maritime related industry sector.
- A collaborative leader who unites multi-disciplinary teams (including management leadership) and aligns them around common goals and objectives as they relate to winning and corporate growth.
- Knowledge of procurement approaches used in UK Maritime programmes and by relevant supplier base and government agencies.
Our Company Benefits:
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering highly competitive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight – which means every other Friday off!
- A flexible benefits scheme – allowing you to adapt your benefits to suit yours and your family’s needs
- A personalised career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews – supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- Professional training and development courses, both internal and external – allowing you to reach your full potential
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognised and rewarded, which includes compressed hours, reduced hours and job share
- A Company sports and social club, offering events at discounted prices – giving you the opportunity to meet and socialise with your fellow colleagues outside the workplace