Field(s) of expertise
Human Resources and Recruitment
About this job
About General Dynamics Land Systems:
General Dynamics Land Systems is a global leader in providing products and support across the full spectrum of combat vehicles. Our global team has more than 6,000 employees working towards creating a diverse product portfolio delivering best-in-class capability to Armed Forces communities worldwide. In the UK, we employee more than 650 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles and sustainment services. Our vision is documented and embedded into our culture, so all employees understand the Company’s direction and their role in achieving it. We are currently delivering the AJAX programme, providing 589 Armoured Fighting Vehicles in six variants to the British Army and have also developed and delivered 400 Foxhound vehicles – a highly-protected and mobile 4×4 platform with high-deployment availability.
Purpose of Position:
This position offers the incumbent the opportunity to facilitate the on-boarding process for all personnel through the organisation and also be the first point of contact for metrics and all HR systems work.
- First point of contact to troubleshoot and resolve basic issues, including analysis and resolution of functional issues, or redirect as appropriate for technical issues.
- Maintain system tables, list of values, etc. for various systems.
- Recommend new or more efficient procedures pertaining to HR systems, and identify where HR systems can enhance HR procedures.
- Responsible for performing system maintenance, collaborating with technical, payroll and other affected staff to ensure the activity meets the needs of all stakeholders.
- Responsible for entering and maintaining mass data changes.
- Support application data remediation and correct when necessary.
- Establish baseline reports and create new reports wherein required.
- Support system implementations and/or new functionality of systems; includes supporting identifying system requirements and migration.
- Ensure data integrity.
- Support the annual compensation cycle.
- Advanced knowledge of HR systems with experience day-to-day management of systems.
- Demonstrated skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Customer service.
- Communication and collaboration.
- Organisation & planning.
- Hands-on advanced Excel capability – Essential.