Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Be part of our team…
An opportunity for a Senior Trade Compliance Officer has opened up in General Dynamics Mission System Hastings Offices supporting the Mission Systems portfolio of programmes and business development activities in all aspects of Import, Export and Customs Compliance, collectively “Trade Compliance”.
About General Dynamics UK:
General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of more than 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defence and scientific arenas. In the UK, we employ more than 1,400 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles, avionics and communication systems. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency.
We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team.
A typical day would include:
- Supporting the General Dynamics Mission Systems in the UK business unit programme teams in managing all trade compliance activities within their programmes, business development activities and demonstrations and exhibitions.
- Preparing, and assisting the Trade Compliance team in preparing accurate and compliant import and export paperwork, customs documents, internal approvals and maintaining appropriate records for both external and internal audit and as required by law.
- Providing advice and awareness training to current and new employees on the compliance requirements of UK and U.S. Import, Export and Customs legislation.
- Managing the coordination and conduct of internal and external trade compliance reviews and audits of GDUK MS programmes.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of relevant import and export legislation as required by General Dynamics Mission Systems in the UK business objectives.
- Supporting implementation and continual improvement of business processes and procedures.
You will bring to the established team:
- Experience of proactively managing challenging and varied trade compliance requirements across a multi-programme portfolio
- Detailed knowledge in UK and US Export Controls, Military and Dual Use and Customs requirements
- A desire to find and implement compliant Trade Compliance solutions to business requirements
Our Company Benefits:
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering highly competitive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight – which means every other Friday off!
- A flexible benefits scheme – allowing you to adapt your benefits to suit yours and your family’s needs
- A personalised career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews – supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- Professional training and development courses, both internal and external – allowing you to reach your full potential
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognised and rewarded, which includes compressed hours, reduced hours and job share
- A Company sports and social club, offering events at discounted prices – giving you the opportunity to meet and socialise with your fellow colleagues outside the workplace