Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management
About this job
This role represents an opportunity to shape this way of working. Positioned in the heart of the business and projects, the role requires someone to use skills in stakeholder, project, supply chain and people management to drive an innovative, compliant and profitable approach to our contingency work force.
Your responsibilities are two-fold, ensuring you are engaged with projects from bid phase to completion; with the intention of supporting and challenging the business units, into identifying where the use of a contingency work force can add value in an efficient and profitable fashion. In parallel with this you must also own the reporting and governance needs of the central functions relating to our contingent workforce.
As the Contingency Workforce Manager you will:
- Act as the initial point of contact for Project Managers to challenge and capture resourcing requirements.
- Sit on bid meetings, project reviews and resource meetings to ensure clients and suppliers, are aware of the opportunities presented but also compliance required if contingency work force is engaged.
- Communicate with resource management, recruitment, finance and supply chain functions to ensure identification and on-boarding/off-boarding of necessary suppliers.
- Shape and maintain the processes that will ensure the suppliers are given clear terms of engagement and managed to the same consistent standards through full project delivery.
- Work with Project Managers to review supplier progress and changes to Statements of Work (SOW) at regular intervals.
- Act as an authority and continue to educate yourself on regulation, around the engagement of contingency work force to ensure risk mitigation for Roke.
- Developing a regular reporting structure on contingency work force which, will inform decisions the business may take on profitability, effect project delivery and risk mitigation.
- Work with recruitment function to build network of prospective suppliers for future opportunities.
- Be accountable for ensuring the business work to maximise profitability and minimise cost in the utilisation of their contingent work force.
What would we like from you?
- Previous experience delivering or supporting the project management of work, in an engineering or technology led environment.
- Previous experience of contingency work force engagement and an understanding of the regulation around it.
- Clear demonstrable experience of working with supply chain, finance and procurement functions in previous roles and able to show an appreciation of their requirements within a project.
- Proven experience of Senior Stakeholder & Vendor management and, where you have worked to challenge and shape their ways of working.
- Experience of developing bespoke reporting and processes for the needs to project and business needs from scratch.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Hold current UK SC clearance or a willingness and ability to obtain it.
The benefits of working for us include:
- A competitive salary, pension and a host flexible benefits.
- A performance related bonus scheme.
- 25 days holiday allowance, which can be supplemented up to 8 additional days by Roke’s flexi-leave scheme.
- Onsite tennis courts & gym (Romsey only) including showers.
- Numerous company events throughout the year, including a summer music festival, bonfire night fireworks, STEM events, employee reward and recognition and a Christmas party.
- Employee led social clubs covering numerous sports as well as cyber/data/robotics activities, gaming, board games and more.
Due to the nature of this position, as a minimum we require BPSS clearance and you to either already hold or be eligible to achiever SC clearance. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years.
Roke are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We can accommodate flexible working arrangements, and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.