Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management
About this job
We currently have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Project Manager within our Defence Business Unit working from our Romsey offices on projects typically ranging from £50K to £1M. This role may encompass the bidding for new work also.
There is a wide scope of project work within the business ranging from Research & Development, Product Development, Solution Delivery, Hardware & Software Products and Solutions for various markets in the UK and internationally.
We deliver advanced research, development services and products Roke is a vendor-neutral supplier picking the most appropriate technologies to achieve the required performance and capabilities.
We are seeking highly motivated and knowledgeable staff, although when you are working across groundbreaking projects it is rare that you will have nothing new to learn.
What will your role look like?
- Delivery of all projects as per contractual requirements, on time, to quality and cost whilst delighting the customer.
- Delivery of all projects using the industry standard process.
- Work effectively as project teams & working with the technical team leads, if appropriate to deliver successful projects.
- Develop effective relationships with suppliers, subcontractors, partners, and clients to ensure successful and collaborative project delivery.
- Work with technical teams to obtain information to produce a project plan in Oracle PRA and maintain this plan through the life of the project.
- Ensure requirements are being managed, recorded and signed off in the designated tool for the project.
- Ensure complete work breakdown structures are produced and used for recording costs.
- Maintain a risk register of threats and opportunities.
- Produce reporting as required for:
- The project sponsor
- The leadership team
- Project assurance
- Project management reviews
- Quarterly investment reviews
- Assist in the financial forecast for the projects using the company tools and processes.
- Manage the resource requirements of the project(s) working with the Resourcing function.
- Manage project expectations and provide excellent stakeholder management.
- Substantial knowledge of the Defence domain and experience in interfacing with UK MOD and government agencies e.g. Dstl, DE&S.
- Experience of delivery of projects in the research and development of engineering solutions for communication and sensors, business intelligence, or cybersecurity. This should include managing of engineering teams developing software and hardware solutions that go beyond the supply and fit of COTS solutions.
What do we expect from you?
- Degree level education in a related subject area and ideally practical engineering experience.
- APMP and/or PRINCE2 qualifications are desirable.
- Knowledge and use of Agile methodologies preferred.
- Current SC clearance is essential.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to board level.
- The enthusiasm, motivation and leadership skills necessary to deliver with excellence and delight our customers.
- The ability to travel nationally (and internationally).
Where will you be based?
Your work will typically be located at our Romsey location with regular travel to customer sites, this includes the possibility for you to work on secondment with a customer elsewhere in the UK.
The benefits of working for us:
We offer you a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- A substantial performance related bonus scheme, which we accompany with a clearly defined and fair review process.
- Company funded private medical insurance, for you and your family and an employee assistance program in addition to a contributory pension that will allow you to effectively save for the future.
- A whole host of flexible benefits to include childcare vouchers, travel insurance, high level clearance bonus and dental care.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, innovative and inclusive. We can accommodate flexible working arrangements, and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
A current DV clearance is highly preferable, however, due to the nature of this position, candidates will ideally already hold or be eligible to achieve SC clearance.
Should you already hold clearance, we will assist you in the transfer of this as well as offer a high level clearance bonus.