We are looking for a strategic, hands-on Sr. Product Manager to lead our Spire Maritime product management team. Spire Maritime data is a combination of Spire Satellite data, associated tools for analytics and visualisation and third party data that enables our customers to optimise businesses.
In this position, you will work closely with the maritime data engineering team, the Spire Space engineering team, 3rd party data providers, and data tool providers You will have experience with building data products and will be responsible for understanding customer and business data needs, while driving our product roadmap to ensure the success of our data and analytics solutions. You will collaborate with the sales, marketing, and customer success teams to deliver customer-driven products that consistently exceed expectations.
In addition, you will coordinate with the product managers across our other data products (weather, aviation) while acting as the internal and external maritime expert and evangelist. In this role, you will build and manage the Maritime product management team and will have direct visibility and engagement with VP and Senior Management level executives.
– Drive the vision, strategy and roadmap for the development and delivery of the Spire Sense maritime solution into both existing and new markets.
– Build, manage and grow a world-class team of product managers who can continuously deliver value-centric solutions to our customers while shaping the company strategy
– Be a visionary on data services and data tools to help customers to ingest and manage data services
– Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the market, our customer base and core business value in maritime to ensure we continuously deliver more value to our customers
– Work with our engineering team(s) to rapidly iterate on new product concepts to mature requirements prior to commercialization
– Translate product strategy into detailed product requirements, validated by prototypes, customer feedback and research.
– Work directly with the Engineering, Sales, Product Marketing and Customer Success leads to plan and execute the product roadmap with fast iteration cycles
– Collaborate with Marketing, Sales and Customer Success teams to execute against go-to-market campaigns and deliver customer engagement plans
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus 5-10 years related experience in product management in data companies; MBA preferred
– Expertise in data science techniques and frameworks and the ability to deal with large volumes of data
– Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to distill customer insights into clear requirements and strategy plans
– Strong analytical skills, with proven experience of making data-driven decisions that lead to positive results
– Experience working on projects/programs implementing software and process solutions in a high-performance agile development environment
– Strong relationship building, influencing, communication and facilitation skills during times of uncertainty, rapid change, aggressive timelines, budget constraints, ambiguity and operational requirements
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of the following areas:
– Familiarization with maritime products and strong knowledge of data and API product development
– Proven experience in driving product development under a customer focused mindset
– Displays strong writing skills and the ability to communicate and present arguments and recommendations via the written word
– Has experience building and managing product managers, providing mentorship, growth and career development.
– Ability to lead virtual remote team efforts and partner across organizational boundaries
– A mix of business and technical understanding, able to articulate technical issues in terms of business risk
– Delivery focused, willingness to perform all tasks required to complete the job and meet deadlines
Apply directly to our website here: https://spire.com/careers/job-openings/job/?gh_jid=1932948