Are you passionate about space? Do you want to be part of a fast-paced, high functioning team that knows how to work hard and play hard? Is RF satellite communications your passion? Spire Global is seeking an experienced RF Monitoring System Engineer.
Your key responsibility is to drive the design, development, and deployment of RF-base satellite subsystems including software-defined radios, radio front-ends (up to Ka/Ku-band), antenna systems and associated signal processing and software control elements. You will contribute to the ground and in-orbit testing and subsystem evaluation campaigns.
Component selection and circuit level design and simulation where required; including transceivers and antennas.
Management of RF modules through production & test.
RF module test and fault-find at bench level, environmental level (EMC and thermal vacuum testing) and spacecraft level.
Lead the verification process for testing new and existing systems.
Develop systems documentation, test plans, and operational procedures.
Production of high-quality engineering documentation, typically written reports or design documents suitable for internal and external design reviews.
Setting up systems for in-orbit support and operational monitoring for subsystems
– Basic link budget design and analysis
– Software-Defined Radio (e.g. GNU Radio, USRP, DSP)
– RF signal design techniques (e.g. modulation, encoding)
– RF Hardware design experience in radio frontend and/or antenna design, in frequencies >10GHz.
– Knowledge of the physical, link and network layers for wireless communication modules
– Ability to make trade-offs between cost, complexity, and capabilities
– Leading a communications product through the development phases from requirements definition through operations and sustainment.
– Experience with RF test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, VNAs etc., ideally including working with shielded and anechoic chambers.
– 3+ years of experience required
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of the following:
– Embedded and DSP programming (C/C++, microcontrollers, DSP)
– Experience with satellite communication systems, including environmental and component reliability requirements
– Communicating with cross-functional team of Engineers and Business Development
– Experience with PLM systems and revision control management
– Knowledge of industry regulatory requirements and licensing
– RF modem design and implementation (QPSK, APSK, 16APSK, QAM)
– FPGA Design/ Programming (Verilog, VHDL)