Are you passionate about space? Do you want to be part of a fast-paced, high functioning team that knows how to work hard and play hard? Is RF satellite communications your passion? Spire Global is seeking an experienced Product Manager for a new and exciting RF Monitoring service. The service requires a wide range of skills, from the capture of customer needs and requirements to systems engineering, knowledge of ITU regulations, spectrum monitoring systems, signal processing, satellite and ground-side radio design, RF/comms-related hardware and software design. You will be expected to manage a product line through the development phases from requirements definition through operations and sustainment.
To succeed in this role you will have relevant experience in RF monitoring and interference detection, spectrum management, project/product management and experience in a fast-moving technical environment. You will also have experience in electronic design/development projects.
– Lead a dynamic, multidisciplinary engineering team to deliver integrated solutions in the domain of space-based RF Monitoring
– Manage requirements gathering, feasibility analysis, project scoping, documentation, resource planning and cost estimating
– Manage execution of projects, including managing schedules, resources and budgets
– Help define system architectures, trade off technical concepts, select solutions and vendors etc.
– Represent the technical team to internal and external stakeholders
– Contribute to project proposals, white papers and product architecture definitions
Candidates should be skilled in the following areas:
– Solid experience and understanding of the ITU regulatory environment in relation to RF spectrum allocation and spectrum management to drive product requirement and architecture
– Solid background and understanding of communication systems design, high data rate communications, hardware and software related techniques.
– Understanding of RF component and subsystem-level hardware.
– Must have a proven track record working within a multidisciplinary team with the ability to generate concepts with minimal direction, develop those concepts into project plans, and lead the team through execution of the plans to the delivery of a product ready for production.
– Must have a proven track record in customer engagement, in order to convey their needs and requirements as expressed directly, or via front-end commercial teams, to the engineering team.
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of the following areas:
– ITU regulations
– Software-Defined Radio (e.g. GNU Radio, USRP, DSP)
– RF signal design techniques (e.g. modulation, encoding)
– RF Hardware design experience in frontend design, antenna theory, etc.
– Knowledge of the physical, link and network layers for wireless communication modules
– Ability to make trade-offs between cost, complexity, and capabilities
– Hands-on experience in RF, DSP, as implemented on embedded systems
– Leading a communications product through the development phases from requirements definition through operations and sustainment.