Field(s) of expertise
Marketing & Sales
About this job
A cloud-based ground station platform offering ground station owners an opportunity to monetise their surplus capacity, and enabling satellite operators to communicate with their satellites from a varied range of antennas around the world, all through one common interface.
StellarStation is our game-changing product. It is a quick and flexible ground solution for new space satellite services; it’s driving a revolution of the Space industry, bettering Missions, and helping our customers to get off the ground quicker (pun not intended)!
Infostellar is trying to change the space industry by making the barriers to entry easier, and we want you to be a part of it!
The Product Manager position is integral to the ongoing conceptualisation, development, and iteration of the products we make here at Infostellar.
As the Product Manager at Infostellar, you’ll own the challenges that our customers face. You’ll work closely with the Engineering team to design and build a solution, ensuring that we have a product offering value and impact. You’ll be the bridge between the Engineering and Operation teams, collaborating closely with our engineers to guide our product(s) through their iterative life-cycle, while drawing on the insights of the business teams to craft strong specifications and product requirements.
- Deliver deep understanding of the space industry and its ecosystem to internal and external stakeholders
- Obtains product market presence by working with Head of BD
- Conceptualize a product definition around a customer’s purpose in a complex situation
- Recommends the nature and scope of future product by reviewing customer needs, product specifications, and requirements
- Scale Infostellar’s unique customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share; iterate such customer experience
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver new features with enhanced time-to-market and optimal resources
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services together with the business development team translate them into actionable, buildable features or changes for the Engineering team to implement
- Be an advocate for our customers in all internal discussions
- Communicate product features and changes to potential and existing customers in a way that maximises leads and conversions
- Work with the Business Development team to develop content and tools to support pitches, campaigns, and lead generation
- Work with our operations team to deliver services that meet the customer’s expectations on a promised schedule and keep service running with defined service level.
We’re looking for a dynamic individual with strong interpersonal skills able to bring out the best of a diverse group of colleagues and industry peers. They’ll need to anticipate and understand the roadblocks and obstacles our customers deal with, and then derive impactful solutions that can be built into our product.
- Professional command of the English language, with excellent communication and presentation skills
- At least two years of product management experience with enterprise customers in industries with extremely high demands on service levels (including system integrators)
- Ability to communicate with engineers, understand any technical issues they may have at a systems level
- Experience in anticipating, communicating, and understanding customer needs, marketplace dynamics, industry trends, and competitor analysis
- Experience in managing roadmaps, prioritising product opportunities and maintaining existing features to drive business goals
- Ability to work effectively within cross functional teams
- Ability to multitask, set priorities, and execute plans
- Data-driven mindset to articulate hypothesis and plans for relevant stakeholders
Nice to Have
- Ability to speak and write in Japanese fluently
- Knowledge of the Space and/or Satellite industry
- Experience working in a start-up environment