Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering Telecommunications Engineering
About this job
We are looking for a telecommunication system engineer to:
- Carry out the COM related activities on D-Orbit spacecraft, following the whole subsystem lifecycle.
- Design and develop the subsystem, coordinating with system engineering.
- Manage technical data exchanges with suppliers.
- Overview prototyping and engineering activities up to subsystem qualification.
- Participate in AIV of flight model and support operations from mission setup to in-flight COM testing and maintenance.
The duties and responsibilities of a COM System Engineer on a spacecraft during the entire duration of a mission typically include:
- Top-level design and requirements definition, starting from mission and payload requirements,
- Detailed COM system and operation design and verification, coordinating with the rest of the spacecraft system and subsystems,
- Subsystem modules (TRX, antennas, harness, etc.) definition and procurement. Activities might include design, prototyping, testing and manufacturing of in-house developed hardware or technical support to selection, procurement and acceptance of third party supplied items,
- LEOP and commissioning of COM subsystem,
- Authoring of Technical documents,
- Managing Link budget,
- Executing RF finite-element pattern analysis.
- Knowledge of system engineering basics;
- Proficient in MATLAB / Simulink signal processing toolbox;
- Knowledge of network protocols like TCP/IP and A/D RF modulation techniques;
- Confidence in drafting and handling link budgets;
- Knowledge of wireless communication and signal processing;
- Knowledge of antenna design;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Proactive attitude and ability to work in team and individually;
- Knowledge of software-defined radios (SDR) technologies and GNU Radio toolkit is an asset;
- Hands-on experience (like as radio-amateur) would be valued;
- Proficiency in usage of ANSYS HFSS finite-element simulator is a strong asset;
- Knowledge of ECSS standard like the E-ST-50 series is an asset;
- Knowledge of embedded software is also considered important;
- Education: Advanced University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent,) preferably in Telecommunication or Electronic Engineering;
- Language: Full professional proficiency of English language is mandatory.