Field(s) of expertise
About this job
We are looking for a software test engineer to join our growing team. Your task will be to add exciting new capabilities to our test suites.
- You will become part of a dynamic software design group, leading the development of the testing environment by making continuous improvements;
- You will design, deploy and maintain automated tests within a continuous integration environment, improving and developing new test architectures to add additional capabilities;
- You will validate new features and provide a lasting impact by working with the key stakeholders in the development process.
- Design and development of automated test scripts and code;
- Validation of features including integration with software-in-the-loop and hardware-in-the-loop test suites;
- Deployment of tests into a continuous integration environment;
- Creation and maintenance of test infrastructure, tools, equipment and test harnesses;
- Generation and monitoring of suitable metrics to assess the level and quality of test coverage;
- Champion the software test area by proactively finding areas for improvement and driving the development of new infrastructure, tools, and best practices.
- Experience developing tests and automation within a C, C++, and/or MATLAB development environment;
- Experience with test-driven development;
- Knowledge of test methodologies, authoring test plans, development of test cases and debugging issues;
- Proficient with script development for automation in Python or any similar language;
- Understanding and appreciation of interfacing with C based applications for embedded software targets;
- Familiarity with any Linux based distribution and appreciation of application development;
- Familiarity with typical software development methodology and release versioning processes;
- Familiarity with GIT versioning system or any similar DVCS;
- Ability of working in autonomy and within a team setting to meet tight schedules;
- Resilience and ability to work in a fast paced environment;
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively;
- Experience using and deploying test automation tools or build automation tools like Jenkins and TestComplete is considered a plus;
- Education: Bachelor or higher engineering degree in electronic engineering, aerospace, computer science or automation or other relevant areas;
- Language: Full professional proficiency of English language is mandatory.