Field(s) of expertise
About this job
We are looking for an attitude determination and control engineer to carry out the ADCS related activities on D-Orbit spacecraft, following the whole subsystem lifecycle.
He or she will design and develop the subsystem, coordinating with system engineering, manage technical data exchanges with suppliers, follow prototyping and engineering activities up to subsystem qualification, and participate to AIV of flight model and support operations from mission setup to in-flight ADCS testing and maintenance.
- Top level design and requirements definition, starting from mission and payload requirements;
- Detailed ADCS system and operation design and verification, in coordination with the rest of the spacecraft system and subsystems;
- Subsystem modules, sensors and actuators definition and procurement. Activities might include design, prototyping, testing and manufacturing of in-house developed hardware or technical support to selection, procurement, and acceptance of third party supplied items;
- ADCS mode, algorithm, and control design;
- ADCS software requirements and TM/TC;
- LEOP and commissioning of ADCS subsystem;
- Authoring of Technical documents;
- Managing ADCS budget and schedule.
- Basic knowledge of systems engineering;
- At least two years of working experience;
- Participation to at least one flown mission in ADCS subsystem team;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Proactive attitude and ability to work in team and individually;
- GNC and related problems knowledge is a plus;
- Proximity dynamics and control knowledge is a plus;
- Experience in nanosat, CubeSat, or minisat projects is a plus;
- Education: Advanced University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent), preferably in Aerospace Engineering;
- Language: Full professional proficiency of English language is mandatory.