Field(s) of expertise
About this job
A Mission Analysis Engineer is required for a full-time position to work for one of the UK’s most innovative young companies, Clyde Space* a world leader in small satellites.
The company is looking to expand its engineering team to meet rapidly growing customer demand for our products as this exciting market expands. We are looking to recruit a Mission Analysis Engineer who can work within our Missions Group to deliver our next range of nanosatellite projects.
*Clyde Space is subsidiary of the Nasdaq First North Stockholm listed ÅAC Microtec organisation.
- Develop mission analysis capability utilising and developing new simulation and analysis tools.
- Performing preliminary design studies and analysis of complex nanosatellite products.
- Design and analysis of new Attitude Determination and Control System features and capabilities.
- Supporting business winning activities and proposals with system level analysis.
- Supporting progress reviews and gates towards completion of projects.
- On orbit data analysis and debug support.
- Perform power, link, data and pointing budgets whilst improving on existing toolsets.
- Minimum BEng or BSc Engineering subject (Electronic, Mechanical, Systems etc).
- Experience/interest in the following areas:
- Constellation design and deployment
- Attitude control systems
- Strong interpersonal skills and the drive to complete.
- Strong MATLAB/Simulink user or similar programming languages with an aptitude to learn.
- Able to commit to the plan and deliver the expected results on time, or to report proactively if any deviations are foreseen.
- Ability to write technical documentation to a high standard.
- Previous experience in real time control systems and analysis of real time systems.
- Experience in control systems engineering.
Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the UK. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the UK before you start work.
Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.