Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management
About this job
A Project Manager is required for a full-time position to work at Clyde Space*. Clyde Space is one of the UK’s most innovative young companies, also a World leader in electronic systems for small satellites and CubeSats.
Principal responsibilities will include: customer liaison, planning projects, identification of critical path activities, management of projects and suppliers, and contribution to the company continuous improvement plan. The objective of the project manager is to ensure projects are completed on time, on budget and to the customer’s complete satisfaction. A space or aerospace engineering background is desirable.
*Clyde Space is subsidiary of the Nasdaq First North Stockholm listed ÅAC Microtec organisation.
- Deliver the company’s key projects to budget, schedule and quality constraints
- Management of multiple development projects; planning, identifying and progressing critical paths
- Deliver project cash and profit expectations
- Negotiate specific project requirements with customers and manage the recovery of variations
- Maintain risk, issue, and action registers, and project history logs
- Monitor and report progress of projects to senior management
- Manage the information flow to our project teams, partners, subcontractors and other stakeholders
- Chair project milestone reviews with customers (e.g. Critical Design Review) and ensure milestone payment schedules are met
- Actively participate as part of the company management team in a manner fitting the position
- Manage key stakeholders to ensure their continued support
- Motivate and lead the Project teams to ensure a high level of performance
- Co-ordinate sub-contractors, partners and suppliers
- Ensure continued resource availability to deliver the project plan
- Manage customer expectations and maintain good working relationships
- Ensure delivered products are compliant with the agreed Scope of Work
- Ensure quality and delivery gives rise to repeat business
- Experience of managing and delivering complex engineering development projects
- Clear and disciplined project management methodology and experience; with professional certification highly desirable
- Use of tools such as Microsoft Project to schedule, track, and measure project status and performance
- Definition, allocation, communication, and prioritisation of tasks and priorities, within a multi-disciplined engineering and manufacturing team
- Ability to work well in an engineering development team and support junior team members
- Ability to work independently and make decisive decisions
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally with customers to elicit requirements and manage expectations
- Strong supplier/subcontractor management expertise
- Competent in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint and other relevant IT skills
Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the UK. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the UK before you start work.
Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.