Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management
About this job
A Supply Chain Manager is required for one of the UK’s most innovative young companies, Clyde Space*, a World leader in electronic systems for small and miniature satellites. We are seeking to strengthen our management team and develop our supply chain & logistics functions to meet rapidly growing customer demand in an exciting and expanding market.
This is a full-time role for an experienced supply chain manager with the opportunity to lead our teams and improvement activities in Glasgow and Uppsala (Sweden).
*Clyde Space is subsidiary of the Nasdaq First North Stockholm listed ÅAC Microtec organisation.
- Developing and delivering the ongoing Group supply chain strategy with associated objectives, improvement targets and key performance indicators.
- Leading the supply chain and logistics functions for Glasgow & Uppsala delivering excellent service to agreed performance levels, while reducing costs.
- Managing the control of inventory to ensure a high degree of stock availability and accuracy within working capital targets.
- Managing the logistics process to comply with relevant laws and regulations and provide an excellent, cost effective, on-time delivery service to our customers.
- Developing the scope and complexity of our supply chain and implementing service level agreements with strategic partners that deliver the technical, service and commercial solutions required.
- Ensuring the delivery of parts, products and materials into manufacturing provides an excellent on time, in full service.
- Supporting sourcing, purchasing, kitting and logistics activities when required.
- Able to manage relationships effectively with key stakeholders (internal and suppliers) to secure the support and commitment required to deliver the strategy and achieve performance targets.
- Strong supplier and subcontract manufacturing expertise with relevant experience in supply chain optimisation, logistics and exporting.
- Able to manage multiple demands, solve problems and continuously improve processes & methods towards service excellence.
- Ideally, skilled in implementing lean processes including e.g. 5S, root cause analysis, DMAIC problem solving, waste reduction and visual management.
- Experience in managing teams across different sites and cultures would be beneficial.
Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the UK. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the UK before you start work.
Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.