Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management
About this job
A Production Manager (Group) is required for AAC Clyde Space*, to be based at our Glasgow facility with responsibility also for production in Uppsala. AAC Clyde Space is a World leader in electronic systems for small and miniature satellites. We are seeking to strengthen our management team and develop our Group Production capability to meet rapidly growing customer demand in an exciting and expanding market.
This is a full-time role for an experienced Production Manager that provides an opportunity to develop and deliver aspects of business strategy, share best practice and lead continuous improvement across the Group.
If you have this Production Management experience, and the role feels like a good fit, then we look forward to receiving your CV and a covering letter in the very near future.
- Managing the full manufacturing process through build, test, assembly and integration.
- Leading business wide Quality assurance and deployment to maintain accreditations, meet agreed customer quality standards and deliver reductions in all forms of waste.
- Managing the planning process, developing MRP and other systems, to provide an effective resource capacity plan that delivers excellent on time service to customers.
- Managing the supply chain, ensuring service level agreements with strategic manufacturing partners deliver the technical, service and commercial solutions required.
- Managing the logistics process to maximise service delivery, ensure compliance with applicable laws & regulations and be cost effective.
- Developing lean manufacturing capability, empowering your team to deliver ongoing safety, quality, delivery and cost improvements that enhance business performance and customer service.
- An experienced manager, able to demonstrate high levels of communication, organisational ability, team motivation and effective delegation.
- Able to demonstrate lean manufacturing experience including e.g. 5S, root cause analysis, DMAIC problem solving, waste reduction and visual management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of MRP in a design and technical manufacturing environment.
- Strong supplier and subcontract manufacturing management expertise.
- Able to manage multiple demands across teams and develop priority solutions.
- Experience managing teams across more than one site, with different cultures, would be beneficial.
Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the UK. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the UK before you start work.
Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.