Field(s) of expertise
Product and Quality Assurance
About this job
A Quality Assurance Manager is required for one of the UK’s most innovative young companies, Clyde Space*, a World leader in electronic systems for small and miniature satellites. We are seeking to strengthen our management team and develop our Quality function to meet rapidly growing customer demand in an exciting and expanding market.
This is a full-time role for an experienced Quality manager that provides an opportunity to lead quality assurance and continuous improvement across our business.
If you have existing Quality Management experience and have managed QA/PA for complex, high quality, reliability focused programmes and this role feels like a good fit, then we look forward to receiving your CV and a covering letter in the very near future.
*Clyde Space is subsidiary of the Nasdaq First North Stockholm listed ÅAC Microtec organisation.
- Developing and delivering the Quality & Product Assurance (QA/PA) strategy for the Business with associated objectives, improvement targets & key performance indicators including:
- Defining formal acceptance & compliance criteria for contractually deliverable items.
- Implementing and reporting on QA/PA plans at all stages of programmes.
- Develop lean manufacturing capability in the business to reduce waste, in all forms.
- Managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders, engaging support required to deliver the business Quality & Product Assurance strategy.
- Ensuring supply chain service level agreements and subcontractor’s performance meet or exceed the material & product quality standards required for customers and programmes.
- Representing the customer at boards established for each project e.g. design reviews, test reviews & disposition of non-conformances, ensuring countermeasures are effective.
- Ensuring business quality checking and inspection processes are risk based, prevent errors escaping between processes, and are cost effective.
- Managing our Business Management System to maintain accreditations, ensure good document control and share & deploy best practice within the Group.
- A degree in Engineering, Technical Sciences or equivalent industrial experience
- Strong negotiation skills, able adopt a pragmatic approach with customers & institutions.
- Lean manufacturing implementation experience e.g. 5S, RCA, DMAIC problem solving, Gauge R&R, Visual Management & Kaizen for quality improvement / waste reduction in all forms.
- Able to manage multiple demands, solve problems and continuously improve processes & methods towards service excellence.
- Good understanding and operating knowledge of ESA ECSS standards.
- Working knowledge of space tailored COTS components & equipment.
- Knowledge of Configuration Management or the implementation of Product Assurance within an ISO 9001:2015 certified quality system.
Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the UK. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the UK before you start work.
Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.