Field(s) of expertise
Software Engineering Earth Observation
About this job
The Space Talent Acquisition Team of Serco is working with many exciting new ventures around the world involved with innovative New Space and Remote Sensing technologies surrounding earth observation.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a Linux Embedded Software Engineer. You will be first-handily combating climate change by working with our client who provides a satellite-based methane monitoring service. This service allows worldwide regulators and emitters to assess and reduce their emissions.
Your mission as a Linux Embedded Software Engineer will place you working on the payload design team. Here, you will be responsible for the development of embedded and controls software running on custom hardware to be deployed on the largest fleet of satellites dedicated to greenhouse gas monitoring.
- Develop highly reliable and available software to run their methane measuring payload
- Write high quality Linux based software for common processors and microcontrollers (e.g. ARM, PowerPC, x86, etc.)
- Define, manage and implement the end-to-end payload software test campaign prior to launch
- Collaborate with other engineers to plan and organize the development of their products.
- Invent new tools that enable more frequent and reliable software deployment, test execution, and data analysis as part of a continuous integration and release system
- Develop tools that allow for test execution across multiple environments: virtualized hardware, real hardware-in-the-loop simulations, and on-orbit testing
- Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, math, or science discipline
- At least 2 years of professional experience in software development in Linux environment
- Development experience in C, ideally C++ as well
- Developed, debugged and deployed software that has been used in real world applications/projects
- Creative approach to problem solving, exceptional analytical skills and engineering fundamentals
- Strong skills in debugging, performance optimization, and unit testing
- Experience with networking protocols (UDP, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Deep understanding of testing, continuous integration, build, deployment & continuous monitoring
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
- Fluent in French and English