Field(s) of expertise
Earth Observation Space Systems Engineering
About this job
The Space Talent Acquisition Team of Serco is working with many exciting new ventures around the world involved with innovative New Space and Remote Sensing technologies surrounding earth observation.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a Satellite Thermo Mechanical Architect. You will be first-handily combating climate change by working with our client who provides a satellite-based methane monitoring service. This service allows worldwide regulators and emitters to assess and reduce their emissions.
Your mission as a Satellite Thermo Mechanical Architect will place you as an owner of the thermo-mechanical requirements definition and will interact regularly with senior leadership during critical design phases, ensuring that requirements are properly flown-down into specifications, analysis, simulations and test activities. You will also play an integral role in monitoring partners and suppliers’ technical deliveries and ensure on-time on-quality delivery of key activities.
- Define, own and manage the overall thermo-mechanical requirements definition;
- Define and manage the thermo-mechanical interfaces between the satellite platform and the payload;
- Develop design criteria and drive system-level optimization to ensure mission goals are met;
- Rapidly iterate on designs and analysis with partners and suppliers to inform high level systems trades and steer overall satellite-payload direction;
- Oversee environmental and performance testing on hardware to validate analysis and demonstrate compliance to design criteria;
- Own product delivery timeline through conception, design, assembly and launch;
- Demonstrate ownership of thermo-mechanical outcomes at every stage of development and production.
- Master’s level degree (BAC+5) in Mechanical Engineering or related;
- 5+ years of experience with Mechanical/Electromechanical design, analysis, testing and/or manufacturing;
- Hands-on project experience with complex mechanical systems as a team lead;
- Strong experience in thermal design and analysis;
- Proficient in 3D CAD;
- Solid understanding and application of GD&T;
- Demonstrated understanding of structural analysis and failure modes of complex mechanical systems;
- Knowledge of and experience in selecting materials, manufacturing methods and surface treatments for mechanical components;
- Experience working with PCB designers and exposure to PCB layout and PCBA mechanical design;
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements;
- Fluent in French and English.