Field(s) of expertise
About this job
The Space Talent Acquisition Team of Serco is working with many exciting new ventures around the world involved with innovative New Space and Remote Sensing technologies surrounding earth observation.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a Technical Director. You will be first-handily combating climate change by working with our client who provides a satellite-based methane monitoring service. This service allows worldwide regulators and emitters to assess and reduce their emissions.
Your mission as a Technical Director will place you leading the design, engineering and deployment of the constellation of GESat satellites for the detection of greenhouse gases, as well as the ground segments and associated satellite data.
You will play a key role in the development and execution of the company’s technical roadmap and oversee technical operations, including the acquisition and processing of satellite data.
- Develop and implement the company’s technical vision, strategy and roadmap, with a focus on the acquisition and processing of high quality methane satellite data.
- Lead the design, development and deployment of the company’s satellite constellation to ensure the optimal acquisition and delivery of satellite data to our government and commercial customers.
- Oversee technical operations and ensure the reliability, performance and scalability of the satellite network and data processing systems.
- Manage and mentor a team of technical experts including engineers, software developers and data scientists to ensure proper translation of customer needs into system requirements.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as business development and operations, to ensure the technical vision aligns with the overall business goals.
- Be aware of industry trends and technologies and identify opportunities for innovation and improvement in the acquisition and processing of satellite data.
- Represent the company’s technical capabilities and vision to customers, partners and investors, with a focus on the quality of the company’s satellite data offerings.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering, computer science, GIS, or related field
- 10+ years of experience in technical leadership roles, with a strong background in satellite engineering, software development and data science.
- Extensive experience in the design, development and deployment of Earth observation satellite constellations, as well as in the acquisition and processing of satellite data.
- Good understanding of satellite systems, ground systems and data processing chains.
- Excellent leadership and management skills, with the ability to motivate and coach a team of technical experts
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders and present technical capabilities and company vision.
- Proven ability to think strategically, analyse complex technical issues and develop effective solutions.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment where needs and requirements change.