Field(s) of expertise
Electronics Engineering Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
About this job
Momentus Space is looking for a R&D Laboratory Lead Engineer to work at the Innovation Engineering Group, in Santa Clara, California, USA.
The Innovation Laboratory Manager will report to the Chief Technical Officer and will work closely with other senior company managers and a diverse workforce of all company technical personnel.
Innovation Laboratory Manager duties include:
- Participate in research and development projects;
- Maintain and document a safety training program for all persons authorized to access laboratory and production facilities;
- Establish, manage and document good practices for laboratory, machine shop, and production activities across the company;
- Maintain an accessible record of Material Safety Data Sheets for all potentially hazardous materials used within the company facility support the CTO in working across all technical groups in the company to ensure application of best practices for laboratory, fabrication and machine tool use.
- The Innovation Engineering Laboratory Manager or “Lab Boss” will have:
- A Bachelor degree or higher in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or a related scientific field such as Physics or Aerospace Engineering
- Additional requirements include:
- 10 years professional experience in engineering in a rapid prototyping environment.
- Helpful to have skills in areas such as vacuum systems, high voltage electrical apparatus, radio-frequency and microwave systems.
- Good people skills and the ability to teach and cross-train company personnel are essential.
- Strong references are past proven job performance are critical for this position.
This position is open to US citizens or permanent residents only.