Field(s) of expertise
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
About this job
Momentus seeks a Spacecraft Thermal and Mechanical Analyst.
This position is in the Space Vehicle group, in Santa Clara, California, USA.
The Spacecraft Thermal and Mechanical Analyst will work hard with high productivity in a close knit team to rapidly detail the mechanical design of space flight systems and perform mechanical, structural, dynamic, and thermal analysis of space flight systems.
Candidates will compete for this position on the basis of the following qualifications:
- 2-5 years experience in mechanical and thermal design and analysis depending on education level, training, and proven ability
- Aerospace experience working with flight hardware is preferred but experience in other high-reliability industries (automotive, aircraft, navel engineer oil & gas, etc) is acceptable
- Structural and thermal finite element analysis tools (Ansys and Thermal Desktop preferred)
- CAD modeling (Solidworks preferred)
- Part and assembly drawings using ANSI Y14.5 GD&T
- Test setup and supervision for vibe, shock, and TVAC
- Skills related to setting up and operating a TVAC chamber for component and spacecraft level testing is a big plus
- Direct experience with radiation heat transfer analysis in vacuum and spacecraft thermal environments is key
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or a closely related discipline
- MS in Mechanical Engineering preferred
Candidates that are willing to join the team as contract engineers on a six week trial basis prior to full time employment are preferred. This position is only open to US persons (Citizen or Green Card Holder).