Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering
About this job
You will be leading the design, execution and validation of GNC/AOCS systems for open Cosmos’ nanosatellite missions.
You will enjoy
- Working with a team of people to build the future of a new space industry
- Working at one of the world’s leading space campuses
- 25 days holidays + 8 bank holidays
- Attractive Pension Scheme & Immediate enrolment
- Transport Allowance – extra pocket money to support our best talent working together
- Healthy snacks and pick’n’mix sweets at the office
- Social clubs organised by the team – so far we’ve got Run Club, Paella Club, ice-skating Club and Thirsty Club – suggest something new?
- Annual Company Retreat
- Remote working as per company policy
- Working from home as per company policy
- Annual Salary Review
Please include your CV, Cover Letter (max ½ page) and any relevant links to LinkedIn and your work (eg. GitHub, C++, <iostream>) .
- Lead the development and implementation Guidance Navigation and Control / Attitude and Orbit Control systems and algorithms.
- Lead the definition of requirements and system design.
- Propose technical solutions that satisfy the requirements but take into account overall spacecraft system considerations and constraints.
- Lead the implementation of the AOCS algorithms in C or similar programming languages.
- Lead the design, drive manufacturing and test AOCS hardware with the respective driver software.
- Commit to fulfil customer requirements and expectations.
- Mentorship/training and motivation of colleagues.
- Support sales, customer support or any other business areas that require technical support as needed.
- Input to technical roadmap.
- Plan and organise the AOCS team and resources.
- Lead the AOCS roadmap for continuous improvement of AOCS developments, including testing facilities management and planning in collaboration with the AIT team.
- Assisting company-wide projects and activities as part of the Open Cosmos team.
- MSc or PhD; university degree in related disciplines (e.g. aerospace, control engineering…)
- Proven industrial experience in AOCS product engineering. To have developed several products, seen full cycle including functional and environmental testing involvement and in orbit operation
- 3+ years experience in AOCS development role in the space industry
- Experience in providing support in AIT phase
- Experience in supporting orbital operations team for AOCS commissioning and nominal operations support
- Experience in development and verification of AOCS algorithms in MATLAB or similar, including hardware in the loop verification
- Experience in software implementation of AOCS algorithms, C or similar
- Project management skills
- Drive to learn and coach others
- Lean / bootstrap mentality
- Self-driven attitude with problem-solving mentality
Nice to have
- Space systems engineer experience
- Experience in spacecraft mission operations
- Supply chain network