Field(s) of expertise
Procurement and Legal
About this job
You will become part of the procurement team, which is responsible for procuring goods and services to Open Cosmos enabling operations across the entire company. You will be responsible for sourcing, executing and managing contracts for a variety of products and / or services that range in value and complexity. On the services, this could cover (but not limited to) the following commodities: Launch services, Ground Segment services or Insurance. On the products side, this could cover (but not limited to) different kind of subsystems such Propulsion, Harnesses or Payload but also direct materials such mechanical and PCB parts.
You will enjoy
- Working with a team of people to build the future of a new space industry
- Working at one of the world’s leading space campuses
- 25 days holidays + 8 bank holidays
- Attractive Pension Scheme & Immediate enrolment
- Transport Allowance – extra pocket money to support our best talent working together
- Healthy snacks and pick’n’mix sweets at the office
- Social clubs organised by the team – so far we’ve got Run Club, Paella Club, ice-skating Club and Thirsty Club – suggest something new?
- Annual Company Retreat
- Remote working as per company policy
- Working from home as per company policy
- Annual Salary Review
Please include your CV, Cover Letter (max ½ page) and any relevant links to your work.
- Issue Requests for Proposals/Quotes, performing proposal fact-finding and Price and Cost Analysis, developing negotiation strategies utilizing supplier cost & pricing data, contract terms and conditions and preparing contractual documents and binding agreements. This includes (but not limited to):
- Keeping Purchasing data up to date in the information systems and guarantees their integrity
- Ensuring that Suppliers deliver on their contract commitments and tracks their performance
- Providing the information needed for Acquisition forecasts and related requirements, in order to improve the strategy and to ensure better globalization
- Handling disputes with Suppliers
- Creating Purchasing orders in the information system, in line with the terms/contracts negotiated
- Tracking delivery with suppliers (reminders, disputes, receipt tracking, invoicing), identifies risks of non-fulfilment and alerts stakeholders
- Summing up the information needed to assess suppliers’ operational performance
- Driving for cultivating and maintaining the supplier relationship.
- Contribute to the development and the implementation of the overall procurement processes
- Take proactive actions to improve and increase efficiency of Supply Chain at Open Cosmos
- Experience in a procurement role preferably within the space sector. However, we could be open on profiles that has electronic procurement experiences in non space sector but also on profiles with sales or project management experiences within space sector.
- Good knowledge on procurement activities
- Understanding of space systems and associated technical drivers
- Exposure to Space environment will be highly preferred but we are open to experiences within Aerospace, Defence and other Industrial engineering practices
- Ability to do individually steer price/contract negotiation and resolving disputes
- Ability to challenge statements of work and challenge technical offerings
- Pro active attitude and self-motivated / self-starter with ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience in influencing others
- Bachelors or Masters/MBA (preferred) with minimum 3 years experience including some procurement, sales or project management experience