Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration & Finance
About this job
Why Rocket Lab?
“Make everything you do a work of art.” – Peter Beck
Rocket Lab is redefining how we access space by providing frequent and reliable launch to Low Earth Orbit (LEO) – we’re opening access to space to improve life on Earth. Rocket Lab is the global market leader in dedicated small satellite launch, with a strong leadership team, solid financial backing and a full launch manifest.
To meet the growing demand of dedicated small satellite launch, Rocket Lab is assembling a world-class team. Rocket Lab is its people. We are seeking passionate, highly-skilled individuals who are comfortable working in a dynamic, technically challenging environment where they will be given ownership of processes from start-to-finish.
Rocket Lab has an immediate opening available for an Accounts Payable Specialist with at least three (3) years of A/P experience. The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit and prefers a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative work environment.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
- Data entry and processing of invoices on a daily basis
- Efficiently maintain and process accounts payable transactions.
- Assist in month end procedures and accrual of expenses related to goods and services.
- Address customer issues timely and ensure effective and long-term problem resolution.
- Create and update vendor accounts
- Post invoices to the correct general ledger account; submit vendor invoice payments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Log, track. code invoices and check requests to appropriate GL accounts.
- Prepare and process accounts payable checks, wire transfers, and ACH payments.
- Reconcile payments, monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date, and assist with quarterly audits.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Accurately and timely pay vendor invoices according to company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Assist to prepare journal entries for monthly accruals.
- Assist annual Form 1099 filing preparation.
- Maintain department’s files to ensure they remain accessible when needed by Company personnel or outside auditors.
- Complies with company policies and departmental procedures, ensuring honest and ethical conduct at all times
- Very high attention to detail
- Good organizational skills and the ability to troubleshoot problem invoices.
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned.
- 2+ years of experience in accounts payable
- Proficient in Google Docs, Google Spreadsheets and Microsoft Excel
- Effective in a collaborative team-oriented environment with frequent employee interactions
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Preferred Experience / Skills
- SAP, LN, Dynamics or similar ERP system.
- Experience with foreign invoices