Field(s) of expertise
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
About this job
AAC Clyde Space specialise in advanced nanosatellite spacecraft, mission services, and reliable subsystems. We provide market-leading New Space solutions and services for government, commercial, and educational organisations. Due to increased customer demand and subsequent growth we are recruiting for this full time role. We would love for you to join our exciting and innovative company.
We are seeking to strengthen our quality and engineering function to meet rapidly growing customer demand in an exciting and expanding market. An experienced Manufacturing Engineer is required for a full-time role that provides an opportunity to lead continuous improvement across our business.
Please include a Cover Letter in your application.
- Improving efficiency across the Business by analysing & planning workflow, information flow, people movement & equipment layout and reducing waste / non value add activities.
- Overseeing the transition of new products into production from the New Product Introduction process to ensure First-Time-Right & On-Time-In-Full to our customers.
- Conducting manufacturability reviews for new products (Design for Manufacture & Design for Test) to ensure processes and products are fit for purpose.
- Organising supplier audits to ensure their processes and products are fit for purpose and that agreed improvements are delivered
- Ensuring clean room hygiene standards are maintained and assets are serviced & calibrated.
- Experience applying lean techniques e.g. 5S, root cause analysis, DMAIC problem solving, waste reduction, gauge R&R and Kaizen with a natural desire to continuously improve.
- Ability to manage multiple demands & develop priority solutions.
- An HND in Engineering, Technical Sciences or equivalent industrial experience.
- Experience in a similar role in a business where high quality and reliability are paramount.
- Experience gained in electronics manufacture and assembly.
- Knowledge of ESA ECSS documents (European Corporation for Space Standardization).