Field(s) of expertise
Electronics Engineering Telecommunications Engineering
About this job
AAC Clyde Space specialise in advanced nanosatellite spacecraft, mission services, and reliable subsystems. We provide market-leading New Space solutions and services for government, commercial, and educational organisations. Due to increased customer demand and subsequent growth we are recruiting for this full time role. We would love for you to join our exciting and innovative company.
A senior AOCS/GNC (AOCS) Engineer is required for a full-time position to work for AAC Clyde Space. The company is looking to deliver some key project milestones and meet rapidly growing customer demand for our products as this exciting market expands.
This position is available to fill immediately, so applicants are encouraged to reply promptly with CV and covering letter.
- Nanosatellite attitude and orbit control algorithm development, implementation and test.
- Elicitation and definition of customer attitude determination and control user requirements.
- Performing Hardware-In-the-Loop verification testing of new and novel AOCS algorithms.
- Validation of on orbit telemetry through LEOPS commissioning phase.
- On orbit anomaly resolution of AOCS systems
- Characterisation of AOCS sensors and actuators, modelling from first principles.
- Integration of AOCS sensors and actuators into nanosatellite platforms.
- Leadership and Technical mentoring of junior engineers.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an AOCS/GNC engineer in industry.
- Strong mathematical and control system design skills.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Knowledge and experience of Software and Hardware development processes.
- Experience in designing and characterising attitude sensing and control systems.
- Strong MATLAB/Simulink modeling experience.
- Ability to write technical documentation to a high standard.
- Knowledge or awareness of ECSS standards relating to attitude and orbit control
- Ability to write and/or debug C/C++ programming language