Field(s) of expertise
Marketing and Sales Business Administration and Finance
About this job
You will become part of a team of sales professionals and strive in helping our customers solve the world’s biggest challenges through the use of satellite technology.
Your portfolio will include both enterprises as well as institutions looking for end-to-end space missions acquisitions. Open Cosmos’ space mission service includes our beeSat 5-50kg satellite bus, beeKit payload qualification hardware platform, beeApp mission simulation software, Hive deployer, launch brokering & launch campaign, satellite operations center, ground segment procurement, regulatory compliance support, and on-orbit operations support. As part of your daily job you will develop local sales team, reseller relationships, distribution channels, manage an extensive sales pipeline, provide product demonstrations to prospective customers, and build strategic business relationships with key institutional and enterprise decision makers
- Build market positions by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business deals
- Develop local sales strategy for European markets
- Contribute to shaping, owning, and managing the space mission value proposition for the French market
- Execute pre-qualification due diligence of new sales opportunities and evaluate the financial benefit to Open Cosmos
- Close new business integrating technical, legal, and operational requirements
- Interface with the engineering and product teams; work with both technical and business counterparts in the customer community
- Lead RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs efforts by writing business proposals
- While focusing on commercial sector opportunities, also leverage subsidy and/or public-private partnership programs
- Always be on the lookout to learn new things and share them with the team
- 5+ years experience selling complex solutions including hardware, software and services in the French market
- Track record in shaping, negotiating and closing multi-million euro deals
- Proven success in the development and presentation of sales proposals, strategic services solutions and success in selling complex technical solutions to both enterprises and government agencies
- Experience in building long-term customer relationships
- Experience in leveraging public-private partnership programs
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business
- Communicate effectively with engineers, managers, and C-level
- Ability to work under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Work effectively in structured or virtual teams
- Ability to make sound decisions with the information at hand, with the end goal of customer satisfaction and positive revenue generation
- Can work extended hours and weekends as per the role’s responsibilities
- Equipped with a strategic outlook, tactical capability, and excellent negotiating & closing skills.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal – other languages a plus!
Nice to have
- 5+ years experience selling space solutions to enterprises, agencies, and governments.
- Knowledge of the space industry and competitors’ products and service offerings.
- Experience in MOD, Telecoms or Earth Observation
You will enjoy
- Working with a team of people to build the future of a new space industry
- Working at one of the world’s leading space campuses
- 25 days holidays + 8 bank holidays
- Attractive Pension Scheme & Immediate enrolment
- Healthy snacks and pick’n’mix sweets at the office
- Social clubs organised by the team – so far we’ve got Run Club, Paella Club, ice-skating Club, and Thirsty Club – suggest something new?
- Remote working as per company policy
- Working from home as per company policy
- Annual Salary Review