Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering
About this job
You will be joining the Open Cosmos Programmes AIT team. You will be responsible for developing software and hardware solutions to automate our satellite production processes. You will also take part in test planning, procedures description and optimisation of our processes.
You will enjoy
- Working with a team of people to build the future of a new space industry
- Working at one of the world’s leading space campuses
- 25 days holidays + 8 bank holidays
- Attractive Pension Scheme & Immediate enrolment
- Healthy snacks and pick’n’mix sweets at the office
- Social clubs organised by the team – so far we’ve got Run Club, Paella Club, ice-skating Club and Thirsty Club – suggest something new?
- Annual Company Retreat
- Remote working as per company policy
- Working from home as per company policy
- Annual Salary Review
- Architect, design and implementation of hardware and software solutions for automated test, acceptance and qualification of satellite systems.
- Plan and implement test strategies.
- Creation and execution of tests on demand from analysis, requirements and existing procedures.
- Generation of testing documentation.
- Debug issues found during production on satellite systems.
- To provide design feedback according to testing results.
- Development of software tools to automate production processes.
- Automation of test equipment
- Strong hands-on skills
- Understanding of systems engineering process and importance of verification
- Hardware and software development
- Attention to detail
- Lean/Bootstrap mentality
- Honesty, openness and self awareness
- Quick to learn and coach others
- Interest in space industry.
- Simple is better mentality.
- Capability to produce clear and concise assembly integration and test procedures.
Nice to Have
- Experience developing electronics systems.
- Previous experience in the space industry.
- Previous experience working with thermal chambers, vibration table, vacuum chambers, or anechoic chambers.
- Previous experience in high quality industries such aviation, motorsport or defence.
- Knowledge of Python, LabVIEW or other test automation techniques & tools
- Experience of design and implementation of automated test systems
- Experience creating tests for a wide range of electronic and electromechanical devices
- Previous experience with RF systems and test equipment.
- Knowledge of statistical data analysis
- Linux shell scripting
- Altium Designer
- Electronics hobbyist with raspberry pi, arduino or any other project of that nature.