Field(s) of expertise
Procurement and Legal
About this job
You will be joining Open Cosmos’ core team in Harwell-Oxford (UK) and will be responsible for legal, including IP and contracts.
You will enjoy
- Working with a team of people to build the future of a new space industry
- Working at one of the world’s leading space campuses
- 25 days holidays + 8 bank holidays
- Attractive Pension Scheme & Immediate enrolment
- Healthy snacks and pick’n’mix sweets at the office
- Social clubs organised by the team – so far we’ve got Run Club, Paella Club, ice-skating Club and Thirsty Club – suggest something new?
- Annual Company Retreat
- Remote working as per company policy
- Working from home as per company policy
- Annual Salary Review
- Supporting the business in the UK and internationally across all practice areas, with the main focus being commercial, corporate, data protection and IP
- Partnering with other departments, including people, communications, space mission operations, finance, technology.
- Advising the business on navigating the global legal and regulatory regimes that apply to the space industry (no prior knowledge required)
- Working with the UK Space Agency and others on securing the required licences and permissions for the launch and operation of space missions
- Drafting and negotiation of complex commercial partnership and services agreements, including with international organisations such as the European Space Agency
- Working in a pragmatic and flexible way to deliver results quickly with a focus on getting things done
- Have at least 2 years experience at a well-established law firm, preferably qualifying into Commercial, Corporate, IP or Regulatory/Compliance departments.
- Previous in-house experience gained through employment or on secondment would be advantageous.
- Be practical and pragmatic in their approach.
- Be able to apply the law to real-world business problems.
- Have a creative and flexible approach.
- Be willing to work on projects across a broad spectrum of complexity.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects and priorities but still delivering great work.
- Have a strong attention to detail and be able to work independently
- Have outstanding drafting, communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Possess a very high standard of written and oral English
Nice to have
- Knowledge of languages other than English
- Experience from working in or with a SaaS startup
- Existing network and relationships in the space industry, startup community and government
- International experience