Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering
About this job
You will be joining Open Cosmos’ systems team in Harwell-Oxford (UK) and will be responsible to lead and manage the analysis and engineering aspects of Open Cosmos space missions. The candidate is expected to be involved in the whole cycle of a mission from concept, to tests, V&V, to orbital operations support and telemetry analysis.
You will enjoy
- Working with a team of people to build the future of a new space industry
- Working at one of the world’s leading space campuses
- 25 days holidays + 8 bank holidays
- Attractive Pension Scheme & Immediate enrolment
- Transport Allowance – extra pocket money to support our best talent working together
- Healthy snacks and pick’n’mix sweets at the office
- Social clubs organised by the team – so far we’ve got Run Club, Paella Club, ice-skating Club and Thirsty Club – suggest something new?
- Annual Company Retreat
- Remote working as per company policy
- Working from home as per company policy
- Annual Salary Review
- Coordinate different technical teams to deliver a consistent technical solution.
- Have input into requirements and verification plans.
- Perform analysis and required tests at system and subsystem level.
- Propose improvements to increase the performance of Open Cosmos satellites.
- Define key orbital operational parameters and analyse their data.
- Support bid work, sales team, mission and operations teams, customer support or any other teams within the company with technical information and documentation related to engineering.
- Maintain systems level documentation.
- Work independently and under pressure.
- Embrace challenge and work outside of the comfort zone
- Commit to fulfill customer requirements and expectations
- Take initiative and work in a self-driven manner.
- Proven experience in satellite engineering. To have seen full cycle of a space mission, from conception to end of life
- Have seen full life cycle missions
- Have experience with Maya, ESATAN or similar
- Have experience in leading and executing balance tests
- Have good knowledge of the subsystems involved in a satellite: power system, on board computer, AOCS, comms, propulsion, mechanical.
- Have good knowledge of AIT processes
- Attention to detail
- Honesty, openness and self aware
- Quick to learn and coach others
Nice to have
- Experience in project management
- Experience in systems engineering
- Experience managing communication with suppliers
- Technical experience in specific subsystems
- Hands on experience on AIT
- Experience in QA/PA
- Systems experience in ESA missions