Field(s) of expertise
Software Engineering Aerospace Engineering Electronics Engineering
About this job
We are looking for a software test engineer to join our growing team by adding exciting new capabilities to our test suites. You will become part of a dynamic software design group and take a leading role in the testing environment within this by making continuous improvements to drive forwards and excel in the activities in this area.
Within a continuous integration environment, you will design, deploy and maintain automated tests. Improving and developing new test architectures to add additional capabilities will also be a key part of this. Through these activities and by working with the key stakeholders in the development process you will validate new features and provide a lasting impact for the team’s output.
- Design and development of automated test scripts and code
- Validation of features including integration with software-in-the-loop and hardware-in-the-loop test suites
- Deployment of tests into a continuous integration environment
- Creation and maintenance of test infrastructure, tools, equipment and test harnesses as needed
- Generation and monitoring of suitable metrics to assess the level and quality of test coverage
- Act as a champion for the software test area by proactively finding areas for improvement and driving the development of new infrastructure, tools, and best practices
- Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
- Experience developing tests and automation within a C, C++ and/or MATLAB development environment.
- Experience with test-driven development
- Knowledge of test methodologies, authoring test plans, development of test cases and debugging issues.
- Proficient with script development for automation in Python or any similar.
- Understanding and appreciation of interfacing with C based applications for embedded software targets
- Familiarity with using any Linux based distribution and appreciation of application development
- Familiarity with typical software development methodology and release versioning processes
- Familiarity with GIT versioning system or any similar DVCS
- The capability of working in autonomy and also within a team setting to meet tight schedules
- Resilience and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively
- Experience using and deploying test automation tools or build automation tools is considered a plus (such as Jenkins, TestComplete, etc.);
- Bachelor or higher engineering degree, in any relevant area such as electronic engineering, aerospace, computer science or automation;
- Full professional proficiency in the English language is mandatory.