Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering Electronics Engineering
About this job
The group AAC Clyde Space offers turnkey solutions and services from mission design to on-orbit operations, including reliable customizable satellite platforms in the range of 1 to 50 Kg and a full range of subsystems for cube and small satellites. With unrivalled flight heritage and end-to-end service, AAC Clyde Space enables customers to reach their mission goals through a single, trusted point of contact.
An Assembly Integration and Test Engineer is required. We are looking to recruit an AIT Engineer who will work within our CubeSats Group to deliver full Spacecraft build and test capability.
- Acceptance of hardware at subsystem level followed by full assembly and test of nanosatellites.
- Executing and defining Nanosatellite spacecraft platform build processes and procedures.
- Working alongside the Lead Systems engineer to test bespoke payload elements.
- Guide nanosatellites through environmental test campaign.
- Compiling test results and reports.
- Providing design for manufacture feedback and guidance at project design phases.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with electronics-based products.
- At least one of the following:
- Experience building intricate mechanical assemblies.
- Experience testing and debugging electronic devices.
- Experience running and contributing to test regimes.
- Able to perform effectively in a fast paced industry and be able to thrive in a rapidly-changing time-critical environment.
- Able to commit to the plan and deliver the expected results on time, or to report proactively if any deviations are foreseen.
- Previous experience in a Space Engineering environment.
- Experience in testing RF communications systems within and EMC chamber environment.
- This position is available to fill immediately, so applicants are encouraged to reply promptly with CV.
Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the UK. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the UK before you start work.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful.