Field(s) of expertise
Electronics Engineering Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
About this job
The group AAC Clyde Space offers turnkey solutions and services from mission design to on-orbit operations, including reliable customizable satellite platforms in the range of 1 to 50 Kg and a full range of subsystems for cube and small satellites. With unrivalled flight heritage and end-to-end service, AAC Clyde Space enables customers to reach their mission goals through a single, trusted point of contact.
We are seeking to expand our team to support an increased customer demand and growing order book and we are looking for an Assembly, Integration, and Test (AIT) Technician. This is a full-time role for an experienced engineer who can work to deliver our next range of nanosatellite projects.
- Perform acceptance testing of subsystems before integration into spacecraft
- Assemble and integrate spacecraft by following defined processes & procedures
- Use of mechanical and electrical tools without instruction (after appropriate training)
- Support testing of spacecraft including functional testing/electrical testing/vibration/Thermal/EMC testing.
- Identify non-conformances during AIT campaigns and perform initial troubleshooting.
- Provide feedback on AIT processes & procedures in order to understand lessons learned for future projects
- Maintain tidiness and safe working practices in the AIT clean room
- Degree or HND/HNC in an engineering or technical discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with electronics-based products. (note: previous experience within the space industry is not essential)
- At least one of the following:
- Experience building intricate mechanical assemblies.
- Experience testing and debugging electronic devices.
- Experience running and contributing to test regimes.
- Ability to work both alone and in teams as required by the individual task
- Ability to work within defined timescales to meet programme milestones
- Experience working within a space engineering environment
- Hands-on experience (ideally with certification) of spacecraft assembly processes such as soldering, crimping, potting, bonding etc.
- Experience using lab test equipment such as meters, dynamic loads, scopes, data analysers or RF test equipment.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the EU before you start work.
Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful.