Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
The group AAC Clyde Space offers turnkey solutions and services from mission design to on-orbit operations, including reliable customizable satellite platforms in the range of 1 to 50 Kg and a full range of subsystems for cube and small satellites. With unrivalled flight heritage and end-to-end service, AAC Clyde Space enables customers to reach their mission goals through a single, trusted point of contact.
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Receptionist/Administrator to act as the first point of contact for any enquiries by telephone and in person, taking and delivering messages in a timely manner.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, well organised receptionist/administrator to support our busy admin team. The role involves, amongst many other tasks, handling client and supplier calls over the phone and face to face.
The successful candidate will have previous administration experience in providing a full reception service within a busy office environment.
For the right person we offer an attractive package, including a cycle to work scheme, 25 days holiday, life assurance and a workplace pension scheme, along with flexible working and Skypark employee discounts in local establishments.
For this role, the skills, qualifications and experience is important, but we believe that to be great in this job you are likely, first and foremost, to have a talent for understanding of and commitment to quality customer care and service provision with the willingness and ability to follow administrative procedures to a high standard. This is what we will be looking for above all else.
Please take the time to look at the full details of what we are looking for.
- Ensure all visitors welcomed warmly and provided with high level of hospitality including
- Support the Office & HR Administrator
- Carry out all instructions and requests timeously to high standard
- Conduct ethical and equitable business practice
- Implement all relevant and appropriate company policies and procedures
- Ensure own adherence to the company Quality Management System
- Provide professional reception service to clients and visitors, including dealing with in and incoming/outgoing mail, and deliveries to the office
- Booking car parking when required
- Accepting and recording incoming telephone enquiries, taking clients details accurately and passing on messages promptly
- Photocopying and distribution of information, as required
- Booking meeting rooms and ensuring rooms are ready for clients, arranging refreshments.
- Ensure the meeting rooms are clean and tidy at all times. Checking cleanliness of the interior, making a record of any poor levels of cleanliness or any maintenance issues and take necessary steps/action to remedy
- Ensuring reception and client area is kept clean and uncluttered
- Operate switchboard; receiving and transferring telephone calls, announcing callers, taking brief messages and passing these on via the email system or connecting callers to staff
- Report telephone equipment and line faults to outside company
- Review and update on a regular basis the staff contact and telephone extension lists
- Monitor and ensure that the reception area is kept tidy and projects a business-like image
- Monitor and ensure meeting rooms are kept tidy
- Check and sign for deliveries, before informing stores of their arrival
- Ensures the facilities are kept clean and the proper functioning of the telephone, photocopy machine, etc.
- Ensures all training records are kept up to date for BSM audits, and notify HR of expiry dates
- Preparing paperwork for new employees
- Ordering stationery
- Ordering milk, lunches (when required)
- Travel booking
- Health and safety monthly audit
- General office maintenance – water plants, etc.
- Ensure that the front and rear entrances of the building are clean and free from debris
- Other tasks not mentioned above
- Excellent communication skills, autonomy, resourcefulness and ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Proficient in Office programmes, Excel & Word essential
- Ability to remain calm and professional at all times
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Ability to accurately record details
- Experience of working within an office environment and front of house
- Previous experience of switchboard operation
- Familiarity with the use of office equipment i.e. photocopiers, printers, etc.
- Assist in implementing admin systems
- Excellent verbal communication skills with a good telephone manner
- Good written skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Computer literate, with keyboard skills and experience of Microsoft Word and Excel, combined with ability to acquire other skills as necessary
- Accurate typing – minimum speed of 35wpm.
- Ability to work on own initiative and take responsibility where necessary and to work as part of a team.
- Smart appearance
- Ability to work to a high standard (and while under pressure)
- Commitment to AAC Clyde Spaces’ aims and values
- Experience of working in a busy, fast paced office
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the EU before you start work.
Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful.