Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering
About this job
You will be joining Open Cosmos’ systems team in Harwell-Oxford (UK) and will be responsible to lead and manage the analysis and engineering aspects of Open Cosmos space missions. The candidate is expected to be involved in the whole cycle of a mission from concept, to tests, V&V, to orbital operations support and telemetry analysis. This position requires a Systems Engineer fluent in Mandarin.
- Coordinate different technical teams to deliver a consistent technical solution.
- Lead requirements and verification plans.
- Perform analysis and required tests at system and subsystem level.
- Propose improvements to increase the performance of Open Cosmos satellites.
- Manage Space segment interfaces.
- Define key orbital operational parameters and analyse their data.
- Support bid work, sales team, mission and operations teams, customer support or any other teams within the company with technical information and documentation related to engineering.
- Maintain systems level documentation.
Skills, attitude and experience
- Proven experience in satellite systems engineering. To have seen the full cycle of a space mission, from conception to end of life.
- Have experience of MBSE and MBSE tools.
- Have experience in FMECA, FDIR and CONOPS.
- Fluent in Mandarin.
- Experience in managing budgets 9eg. Power, mass, link, data & pointing).
- Have good knowledge of the subsystems involved in a satellite: power system, on board computer, AOCS, comms, propulsion, mechanical.
- Have good knowledge of AIT processes.
- Have knowledge of the regulatory environment: frequency allocation, insurance, export, debris mitigation.
- Quick to learn and teach.
Nice to have
- Experience in project management.
- Experience managing communication with suppliers.
- Technical experience in the development of specific subsystems.
- Hands on experience on AIT.
- Experience in QA/PA.
- Systems experience in ESA missions.
You will enjoy
- Working with a team of people to build the future of a new space industry.
- Working at one of the world’s leading space campuses.
- 25 days holidays + 8 bank holidays.
- Attractive Pension Scheme & Immediate enrollment.
- Daily healthy snacks at the office.
- Weekly team lunches.
- Social clubs organised by the team – so far we’ve got Run Club, Paella Club, ice-skating Club and Thirsty Club.
- Remote working and Home working as per company policy.
- Annual Salary Review.