Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering
About this job
The group AAC Clyde Space offers turnkey solutions and services from mission design to on-orbit operations, including reliable customizable satellite platforms in the range of 1 to 50 Kg and a full range of subsystems for cube and small satellites. With unrivalled flight heritage and end-to-end service, AAC Clyde Space enables customers to reach their mission goals through a single, trusted point of contact.
A senior AOCS/GNC (AOCS) Engineer is required for a full-time position to work for AAC Clyde Space. The company is looking to further expand our product offering and meet rapidly growing customer demand for our products as this exciting market expands.
- Nanosatellite attitude and orbit control algorithm development, implementation and test.
- Elicitation and definition of customer attitude determination and control user requirements.
- Performing Hardware-In-the-Loop verification testing of new and novel AOCS algorithms.
- Validation of on orbit telemetry through LEOPS commissioning phase.
- On orbit anomaly resolution of AOCS systems.
- Characterisation of AOCS sensors and actuators, modelling from first principles.
- Integration of AOCS sensors and actuators into nanosatellite platforms.
- Leadership and Technical mentoring of junior engineers.
- Extensive experience as an AOCS/GNC engineer in industry.
- Strong mathematical and control system design skills.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Knowledge and experience of Software and Hardware development processes.
- Experience in designing and characterising attitude sensing and control systems.
- Strong MATLAB/Simulink modelling experience.
- Ability to write technical documentation to a high standard.