Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management
About this job
Open Cosmos designs, manufactures and operates satellites that provide global, reliable data to solve Earth’s biggest challenges. Compiled of 60+ people from over 15 nationalities, we have a culturally diverse workforce full of Engineers, Software Developers, Mission Managers, Sales professionals, HR experts and even Recruiters! Beyond the office, we have bakers, long distance runners, climbers, mothers, rowers, singers and mixed martial artists!
With an order book of more than 10 satellites to be delivered in the next 24 months, Open Cosmos’ Project Managers play a key role in the growth of the company. You will be in charge of delivering Open Cosmos projects in time and within the project scope and budget. This includes preparing proposals, capturing customer requirements, planning the project execution, defining timelines and budgets, allocating resources, identifying risks and using Open Cosmos’ technologies and services to satisfy customer expectations. You will interface with Open Cosmos’ technical and commercial teams, partners, suppliers, customers and mission stakeholders. Furthermore you will contribute to the design of the mission alongside the systems engineering and mission operations teams, and support the selection of launch service providers, ground segment infrastructure providers, and regulatory agencies and partners.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Understand the needs of our customers to propose a solution that satisfies both technical and business aspects.
- Design space mission architectures and implementation plans.
- Understand design drivers, constraints and risks.
- Work directly with several engineering departments on parallel projects.
- Interact with customers as the main point of contact for a given project and with suppliers.
- Monitor progress, ensure deliveries meet time, cost and quality expectations in an efficient manner, not only internally, but also with partners and suppliers.
- Identify project risks, mitigate them, communicate to stakeholders and report to the management team, proactively.
- Foresee events and issues and find efficient solutions that are aligned with the company values and vision.
- Enable other teams’ members to do their work. Be a center of coordination to reduce meeting overheads and be the enabler of cross-department initiatives.
Skills, attitude and experience:
- University degree in a technically relevant domain.
- 3+ years of experience in management of technical projects involving software development and hardware products in a multidisciplinary environment with cross-functional interactions.
- Strong capability to do multitasking.
- Feel comfortable with uncertainty and a continuously changing environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Honesty, openness and self-awareness.
- Lean / bootstrap mentality.
- Take initiative and work in a self-driven manner.
Nice to have:
- Experience in the aerospace sector.
- Experience in projects related to satellite constellations.
- System engineering experience.
- Master several project management frameworks.