Space4Good is using space technology to tackle social and environmental issues. We are a group of impact-driven data scientists, urban planners, geographic information experts and remote sensing specialists with the goal of contributing to the 17 UN Sustainability Goals.
We are doing this by delivering consultancy and project work to like-minded public and private organizations requiring our help in making data-driven decisions with the help of satellites, planes, drones as well as other geodata sources.
This is your chance to be part of it! We are in the exciting phase of growing our social enterprise and are looking for talented change-makers to join our team.
You will lead our work on software engineering and back-end development to support our customers and projects all around the world! In particular you will be involved in an agroforestry, conservation and infrastructure project that will look into assessing conservation value, production and other assets as well as any changes we can observe with the help of satellites, drones and historical data. Based on these changes, predictions need to be deducted which our clients will use to make strategic and operational decisions to create both impact and profit!
You will be working on different tasks, such as research, development, customer interaction and project management. Your focus will be on developing the back-end and data pipelines of a web data portal which our clients can use to get information for their project. You will be part of a diverse team of remote sensing and GIS data specialists as well as business developers providing you with insights, data and requirements to work on both our platform and applications.
We are looking for somebody who has:
+2 years relevant professional experience in software engineering and backend development preferably in LAPP, LAMP or WIMP stack
– Deep understanding of SQL (preferably PostGRES)
– Familiar with React, Angular, Tensorflow, Keras
– Knowledge of using AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform
– Knowledge of working with web services and API’s
– General understanding of web development
– Preferably experience with geoinformation and spatial data
– Fluent in English and preferably Dutch
– Working permit for the Netherlands
– Available for 4-5 days a week in The Hague
– Good problem-solving skills with a can-do attitude
-Ability to work independently and among diverse team members
-Passion for social & environmental impact!
– Be involved and participate in the overall application lifecycle
– Main focus on coding and debugging
– Collaborate with front-end developers and data analysts
– Define and communicate technical and design requirements
– Build high-quality reusable code for future applications
– Develop functional and sustainable web applications
– Conduct UI tests and optimize performance
– Stay up to date with current best practices and new, relevant technologies
In return we want to offer you this unique opportunity of professional and personal development while not only leaving a mark in society but also at the very core of our company DNA! Sounds like your dream job? Tell us why and attach your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org