Field(s) of expertise
Earth Observation Space Systems Engineering
About this job
Serco France is part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide. Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies – we work alongside National (CNES, ASI) and International Agencies (ESA, EUMETSAT).
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a System Engineer based at CNES (Toulouse, France).
- Audit and analysis of existing systems and risk analysis
- Design of new systems responding to strong operational constraints
- Design of the software architecture at the functional and technical level according to the different needs expressed
- Regular consistency checks between actual implementation and the recommended architecture model
- Support and advice to project implementation
- Internal coordination and team management
- Technology monitoring/benchmark
In addition to having an Engineering University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, the key person shall have a demonstrated experience of at least three years in the field of system engineering with specific experience as follows:
- Proven experience in the field of complex system design and integration,
- Proven experience in several environments and different computer languages,
- Ability to analyze functional needs and translate them into technical solutions,
- Ability to manage a development team,
- Ability to carry out test and acceptance phases,
- Proactive problem solving attitude,
- Fluency in French (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of Earth Observation satellite data product formats.
- Knowledge of remote sensing algorithms
Knowledge of Copernicus program