Field(s) of expertise
About this job
The primary role of the EMEA Trainee Field Service engineer is to become a Field Service Engineer on Intellian products (VSat and TVRO). During the first year the trainee engineer will go through an intensive training program in our training center in Rotterdam & via on the job training where he/she will be accompanied by one of our Senior Field engineers. In addition he/she will be trained to do installation and upgrade jobs onboard vessels. During the time he/she is not traveling they will be assisting the Operation team testing systems at our facility and/or assisting the support desk helping customers with their questions by phone and/or Email. After the training program is completed the Junior engineer will be deployed on his/her own.
- This position will lead up to a position of Field Engineer and to be responsible for providing direct field service and remote technical advice to Intellian customers to ensure satisfaction with Intellian product and full resolution of any technical queries, issues or concerns.
- Regular travel will be required, as a field engineer it is normally expected to be away from home approximately 65% of the working time.
- It will be required to work as part of a fast moving team, utilizing initiative and a proactive approach to ensure expeditious resolution of issues or enquiries
- Maintaining high professional standards and protection of Intellian reputation in the market place must be ensured at all times
- Developing and maintaining a strong working knowledge of Intellian and associated products is essential
- Provision of feedback and suggestions to improve technical support documentation and capabilities to improve customer experience
- Repair and test of product in line with operational and technical support requirements
- Documenting and reporting any technical concerns to management or internal Quality and R&D teams
- Assisting the wider team as necessary
- Engineer should have a hands on mentality and should be familiar with the use of the basic tools normally used by an engineer
- Basic experience of the maritime environment is a preferred.
- Basic Knowledge of IT networking
- High level of self-motivation and enthusiasm and capable of working within a team environment.
- Positive attitude, co-operative and willing to comply with the company policies and procedures.
- Good written/verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to draw logical conclusions from a limited amount of data available.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to present and manipulate data in MS Excel as required.
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English.
- Living the greater Rotterdam Area or willing to relocate to this region