Field(s) of expertise
Electronics Engineering Information Technology
The primary focus of the role is to support Intellian customers and products in the field, with operation, installation, and configuration of all product; whether that be on board or remotely from the office via telephone and or email.
- Assist Intellian dealers with technical inquiries and attendances on vessels
- Perform installation, service and support of Product efficiently, timely and successfully.
- Work closely with other Intellian Global Teams.
- Weekly reporting of TS Field Support activities (Field attendances).
- Assist coordination team with work orders and vessel schedules, including liaising with port agents and vessel crew prior to attendance.
- Able to Troubleshoot, diagnose and evaluate the operation of the product.
- Work with subcontractors, dealers and end-user customers for evaluating technical product related topics.
- Solve day to day case management. Input cases in CRM and track via customer inquiries from phone, email, etc
- Update and input accurate data in CRM with ensuring CRM accuracy.
- Analysis and repair of products returned to the facility.
- Limit failed or return of required jobs by maintaining a high success rate
- Adhere to all safety regulations, perform risk assessment and maintain required PPE
- Complete and provide RMA forms with stock returns for inventory management
- Creation, updating, and completion of work orders in CRM with clear and concise service & Expense reporting in a timely manner (Within 24 hours of job return)
- Development of documentation for troubleshooting and knowledgebase
- Assist other departments to help facilitate sales, such as, but not limited to; product demonstrations, Product recommendations, document or knowledgebase creation, onsite training
- Manage Document repository and announcements of tech articles to US TS.
- Deliver scheduled dealer product training at Intellian facility.
- Documenting and reporting any technical concerns to management or internal Quality and R&D teams.
- Training new Intellian technicians who start In the future (Onboarding).
- Assist in Florida facility where needed with operational, warehouse and housekeeping tasks.
- Travel up to 75% – Ability to travel at very short notice anywhere globally.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience working on 3-axis KU, KA and/or C-Band stabilized marine antennas.
- Maritime/Sat-com certification; GVF, NMEA, MEI, Manufacturer training
- Maritime or offshore Experience.
- Strong understanding of RF technologies.
- IT Network troubleshooting skills; DHCP, TCP/IPv4 & v6, Sub-netting, routing, etc.
- Strong mechanical skills and ability to use hand tools for long periods.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and using email or telephone.
- Excellent written and verbal skills of the English language.
- Must be comfortable working alone and opening/closing FL facility.
- Able to travel at short notice (Same Day)
- Able to lift/carry at least 50lbs and climb ladders, masts, rigging, etc.
- Comfortable working in an industrial environment and at height.
- Good personal safety awareness and Hazard avoidance.
- Willingness to use heavy machinery, such as forklift, shooting boom, scissor lift (training would be provided).
- Strong Organizational & documentation skills.
- Great team player and positive attitude.
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Google Docs. Generally, Technology savvy.