Field(s) of expertise
Marketing and Sales Information Technology
As Product Manager, you be part of a team that is charged with a product line contribution to our business. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects.
- Own the product life cycle from strategic development to Go-to-Market
- Work directly with customers to understand technical requirements from a business and technical perspective.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products
- Create and update a competitor analysis spreadsheet, and to hold regular update meetings with relevant teams
- Work closely with the Product Management team and Sales to understand industry needs and create new business opportunities.
- Determine product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
- Define and support the creation of the product roadmap and strategy
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Gather and disseminate customer intelligence internally via managed to report to ensure the right messages are circulated to the right audience
- Recommend future products by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Provide product training to customers
- Attend Sales meetings when required to provide technical product support, long-term vision highlights or other relevant product information
- Present new product and ideas to customers and executive leadership, and serve as the overall business owner of the product.
- Create and track metrics to define the success
- Work with global marketing to create a strategy and deliver to customers and events
- You will work in a cross-functional setting, with the R&D, Engineering and Technical Support to define product release requirements and provide key technical inputs to the team
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Travel 20-25%
- 3-4+ year experience as Product Specialist from Technology field or from Education
- 3-4+ year experience translating customer needs into use cases and developing cost and pricing models
- 3-4+ year experience prioritizing a large backlog of requirements, and developing roadmaps that deliver customers’ priorities first
- BA or work equivalent
- Working knowledge of Project/Program Management principles
- Excellent quantitative skills: marked by experience in collecting, compiling and analyzing relevant data
- Excellent MS Skills targeting Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities: must effectively communicate with technical and non-technical teams, executive management, dealers and end customers
- Take direction and initiative with little supervision