Field(s) of expertise
The primary focus of the role is to support Intellian products and customers in the field, with operation, installation and configuration of all Intellian product; whether that be on board or remotely from the office via telephone and email.
Specific Roles & Responsibilities:
- Customer Support & Help Desk levels 1-4.
- When in the office it is expected that you answer phone calls and emails to support our customer base.
- On board Support of product globally.
- Assisting other departments to help facilitate sales, such as, but not limited to; product demonstrations, Product recommendations, document or knowledgebase creation, onsite training.
In Field/On board/On Site Work:
- Be able to perform installation of any Intellian Product efficiently, timely and successfully.
- Understand operation of all Intellian product and be able to troubleshoot and fix.
- Maintain high standard of workmanship and cleanliness on customer site.
- Adhere to all safety regulations, perform risk assessment and maintain required PPE.
- Work individually without support if in a remote location.
- Work with teams of both internal staff, subcontractors, dealers and customers.
- Ability to travel at very short notice anywhere globally.
- Be self-sufficient if need be with travel plans, accommodation and attendance when unable to contact coordination or line manager.
- Report daily to coordination team and line manager.
- Control expenditure when travelling on behalf of the company.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude at all time, representing the company well and maintaining a good reputation.
- Attend all jobs with the correct tools and spares.
- Limit failed or return required jobs and maintain a high success rate.
Administration & Clerical
- Completing and providing RMA forms with stock returns or inventory adjustments.
- Ensuring all approvals are obtained before taking any item(s) from stock.
- Inputting of information into Salesforce.
- Ensuring Salesforce information is accurate.
- PUP, Case, TCN and Work Order; Creation, updates and completion within salesforce.
- Clear, concise reporting on service reports.
- Development of documentation for troubleshooting and knowledgebase.
- Working with all teams and staff to assist where resource is needed.
- Maintain good working relationship with colleagues.
- Maintaining a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
- Ensuring the security of any company property, building and contents
- Good communication skills are essential for liaising with our US HQ in Irvine as well as regional offices in EMEA and APAC. Customer relations are also important as a considerable part of the role will be to work closely with our dealers and partners, specifically in regards to supporting their customer needs and use of our entire product range.
- Good computing and reporting skills are essential for maintaining data within our CRM (Salesforce), as well as document handling on google drive or Microsoft office suite and utilizing online shipping portals.
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skill are a must for troubleshooting and resolving issues which may arise with our product.
- Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skill.
- Good knowledge of RF signals and networks.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering principle or equivalent industry recognized vocational qualifications.
- At minimum 3 years’ experience in a technical position within the maritime environment.
- Experience on satellite communication and other RF technologies.
- VSAT & TVRO; specification, installation, commissioning, troubleshooting and repair.
- IT Network troubleshooting skills; DHCP, TCP/IPv4 & v6, Sub-netting, routing, VLANS, etc.
- Strong Electrical and mechanical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and using email or telephone.
- Excellent written and verbal skills of the English language.
- Must be comfortable working alone and opening/closing FL facility.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times.
- Able to travel at short notice
- Physically able to lift/carry at least 50lbs and climb ladders, masts. Rigging, etc.
- Comfortable working in industrial environment.
- Good personal safety awareness and Hazard avoidance.
- Willingness to use forklift (training would be provided).
- Strong Organizational skills.
- Great team player and positive attitude.
- Willingness to learn.
- Helpful to others.
- Ability to adapt to urgent situations and good at working under a timeline pressure.
- Good computer skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Google Docs.
- Easily adopts new technologies and working practices.
- Driving license.
Good to have/Non-Essential
- Written and Verbal skills in Spanish, French or Korean.
- Forklift Training.
- Salesforce experience.
- SAP Experience.
Hours & Place of Work
- The standard working week is 40 hours, with 1-hour lunch per day unpaid.
- Travel up to 75% domestic and overseas.
- FL office operational hours are 08:00-17:00 Eastern.
- Place of work: Intellian, 3172 North Andrews Avenue Ext, Pompano Beach, FL 33064, USA.
- Some flexibility may be required in respect to out of hours, weekend or holiday work.