Field(s) of expertise
Information Technology Project & Service Management
About this job
EUMETSAT is evolving towards a “data-centric” approach using cloud and other big data technologies and solutions for providing Earth observation Data as a Service (DaaS). These services include data discovery, download and tailoring services using hosted processing and web map, content and feature services compliant with Open Geospatial Consortium standards.
Within the User Support and Climate Services Division, the Online Data Services Coordinator will coordinate the testing, rollout and running of these new on line data services, ensure with internal and industrial engineering support that services are delivered as per Service Level Agreements (SLAs), and analyse user feedback and needs for service evolutions.
- Coordinate the operations of services and new releases after validation, with support from internal engineering teams and industry, including:
- Development of a release management process for new on line data services that involves the entities involved in the software application development;
- Maintaining an overall release and coordination plan for new online data services;
- Ensure the necessary support to users, including handling of user enquiries, provision of information on service status and planned evolutions and of user training material.
- Define and implement adequate controls of availability and other performances against targets defined by Service Level Agreements;
- Analyse user feedback, extract evolving user needs for the online services and coordinate user requirements reviews;
- Ensure regular and consistent reports on service status and user engagement.
- Proven experience in Service Delivery Management and/or Project Management in an operational environment, including ideally
- Coordination of various service delivery units;
- Direct involvement in Service Monitoring, Reporting and SLA Management;
- Knowledge of software system development, verification and validation;
- Excellent organisational, communication and presentation skills;
- Pro-active attitude and ability to work autonomously with a minimum of supervision under high workloads.
Experience of the following would be an advantage:
- Experience in working with Earth Observation data and formats;
- Know how on cloud native application environment;
- Experience in the use of Application Programming Interfaces (API), Python and / or Jupiter Notebook.