Field(s) of expertise
Software Engineering Information Technology
About this job
HawkEye 360 is a Radio Frequency (RF) data analytics company. We operate the first of its kind commercial satellite constellation to identify, process, and geolocate a broad set of RF signals. We extract value from this unique data through proprietary algorithms, fusing it with other sources to create powerful analytical products that solve hard challenges for our global customers. Our products include maritime domain awareness and spectrum mapping and monitoring designed to serve a wide range of commercial, government and international customers.
HawkEye 360 is currently seeking a Software Engineer to join the Space Team team. The mission of the Space Systems Engineering group is to build, test, launch, operate and maintain a constellation of small commercial satellites. The Space Systems group is also responsible for building and operating a segment of groundstations to provide communications with these satellites. The satellite clusters and ground segments provide the platform for RF data collection that is essential to HawkEye’s core business.
- Develop software for our new ground-station infrastructure with a strong focus on automated operation of the Satellites.
- Design the new ground-station infrastructure to include building and testing client-server applications and designing REST APIs.
- Read ICDs provided by our Satellite bus providers and turn that into functioning code capable of issuing commands to the Satellites.
- Develop unit tests, and full-system integration tests for entire ground-station infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain Ansible playbooks used for configuring our remote ground-station nodes, and processing cluster.
- Help maintain and operate the satellites while building out the automated operations systems.
You’ll Need to Have…
- 5+ years professional experience
- 3+ years of experience with Python and Java programming.
- Experience building mission-critical applications and supporting remote hardware.
- Experience with version control such as git.
- Experience with Ansible, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with WSGI frameworks (Falcon, Flask, CherryPy, Django).
- Experience programming in C/C++ is a plus.
- A passion for completing a job well – Attention to detail
- A good attitude and team-oriented spirit
We’d Like to See…
- A curious outlook – willingness to learn new things and solutions to fit the problem
- Experience in a fast-paced, small company where priorities can change rapidly
- Dedication – sometimes we all need to burn a little midnight oil to get the job done
- Ability to work well with all levels of company disciplines (i.e. Legal, HR, etc.)
- Sense of humor and ability to proactively problem solve.
- Great customer relationship skills.