Field(s) of expertise
Cyber Security Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Rocket Lab is redefining how we access space by providing frequent and reliable launch to Low Earth Orbit (LEO) – we’re opening access to space to improve life on Earth.
Rocket Lab is the global market leader in dedicated small satellite launch, with a strong leadership team, solid financial backing and a full launch manifest.To meet the growing demand of dedicated small satellite launch, Rocket Lab is assembling a world-class team.
Rocket Lab is its people. We are seeking passionate, highly skilled individuals who are comfortable working in a dynamic, technically challenging environment where they will be given ownership of processes from start-to-finish.
The contractor program security officer (CPSO), will be responsible scoping, provisioning, accreditation and running of a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) at our corporate headquarters in Long Beach, California. Additionally, the CPSO will be responsible for the wider security management of the Rocket Lab USA environment.
- Support specialist contractors in the design, construction and accreditation of a new SCIF.
- Ensures compliance with the National Industrial Security Program (NISP), Cognizant Security Agency (CSA) requirements, and corporate security policies, procedures and directives.
- Coordinate and monitor CSA security requirements to ensure compliance with government and company policies and procedures.
- Manages the day-to-day running of the SCIF in terms of access and control, information security, classified storage and transportation, personnel clearance processing and reporting.
- Supports the development and implementation of site security procedures in coordination with government agencies and management personnel.
- Train and support the Company’s compliance with any National Industrial Security Program (NISP) requirements.
- Coordinates and maintains personal security clearance activities including records maintenance, investigations and mandatory reporting.
- Conducts security awareness briefings and debriefings, including counterintelligence, pre- and post-travel, and suspicious contact reports to site personnel.
- Conducts investigations on all security matters as directed by the Rocket Lab Security Manager.
- Ensures provision of proper training and routine oversight of site reception duties, to include badge handling and processing, visitor control and physical security management.
- Builds proficiency in and supports compliance with all physical and Foreign Ownership, Control and Influence (FOCI) security policies and practices as specified in the Company’s Affiliated Operational Security Plan.
- Conducts periodic self-inspections on local processes and practices to ensure compliance; accurately reports security posture.
- Prepares and submits changes as necessary to the Company’s Operational Security Plan.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Facility Security Officer (FSO) or equivalent.
- Must have good working knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NSIPOM).
- Proven track record of success and organization diversity experience in terms of positions held and roles served.
- Active Secret security clearance.
- Proficient at Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP), and Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS).
- Intermediate level of proficiency with the MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Knowledge of International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) requirements.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Active Top Secret (TS)/SCI security clearance.
- Experience as an FSO under FOCI guidelines.
- Familiar with FOCI mitigation processes and procedures, with emphasis on SSA management.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.