Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management
About this job
We currently have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to work from our Romsey office. The role will encompass the management of a variety of projects ranging from smaller research type activities to multi-million-pound integrations.
There is a wide scope of project work within the business ranging from Research & Development, Product Development, Solution Delivery, Hardware & Software Products and Solutions for various markets in the UK and internationally.
We deliver advanced research, development services and products Roke is a vendor-neutral supplier picking the most appropriate technologies to achieve the required performance and capabilities.
We are seeking highly motivated and knowledgeable staff, although when you are working across groundbreaking projects it is rare that you will have nothing new to learn.
- Working as part of a wider delivery management community to deliver your projects to time, cost and quality.
- You will work closely with highly skilled and respected Roke engineers, adapting your leadership to suit the team and the project.
- You will be responsible for supporting business rhythms through project level forecasts to communicate future performance.
- Working with the National Security Account Teams to assist with Business Winning.
- Building and maintaining good customer relationships to enable long-term business growth.
- Enabling your project teams by working closely with business enabling services for resourcing, IT & facilities.
- Enhancing the National Security delivery business by actively supporting its delivery portfolios and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Allow the business to track progress and provide guidance by engaging business assurance stakeholders.
What do we expect from you?
- Good project management experience demonstrating the above responsibilities and tasks in a comparable business.
- Experience in the delivery of software related projects. This should include managing of engineering teams developing software and hardware solutions that go beyond supply and fit.
- Experience delivering to technically adept customers, ideally including exposure to government departments / National Security domain.
- Be confident in the shaping and delivery of work using milestone-based planning and control or agile approaches.
- Experience of working in the development of solutions for cybersecurity, business intelligence, communications or information security.
- APMP and/or PRINCE2 qualifications are desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to travel nationally (with some potential travel internationally)
- Current UKIC DV clearance
Due to the nature of this position, current DV clearance is essential. We will provide assistance transferring your clearance, as well as, pay a high level clearance bonus.