Field(s) of expertise
Project & Service Management
About this job
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Government Services Mid-Level Project Manager operates within a Portfolio Programme environment augmenting and/or leading Call Off Contracts within a highly complex and multi organizational environments to deliver complex change initiative for Cyber, Security and Intelligence orientated SW and Business solutions for clients.
- As a successful candidate you will be embedded within rainbow and stripy teams working alongside customers in dynamic and operationally focused deliveries
- Working within a complex stakeholder landscape and with often immature, developing and changing requirements, you will be expected to lead work packages and/or projects to deliver customer outputs. Your advocacy and knowledge will be vital in helping the customer achieve their business objectives
- You will act as ambassador for the Boeing company at appropriate client organization levels (grade dependent) and will be responsible for generating full or elements of, business solutions in line with the Long Range Business Plan. This includes generating and delivering opportunities within the scope of Project Management
The position undertakes the following:
- Develops overall project plan consistent with project objectives as defined by the project owner and key stakeholders in accordance with accepted project management standards in the industry (e.g. Project Management Body of Knowledge [PMBOK] ANSI/PMI 99-001-2008).
- Works to improve project management processes and business systems that support project decision makers.
- May lead others and direct all phases of projects or subsystems of major projects from inception through completion.
- Acts as primary project contact to establish key stakeholder requirements and project objectives.
- Ensures that all project control systems within the scope of the project are in place and integrates project data for decision makers
- Completely understands and applies job practices, techniques, standards, principles, and concepts.
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems referring to established precedents and policies.
- Receives general direction for work that is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Participates in determining objectives of assignment; plans, schedules, and arranges own activities to accomplish those objectives.
- Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives typically have a serious effect upon the administration of the organization.
- Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects.
- Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations
- You will be an energetic self-starter with the correct aptitude and attitude that can build enduring customer intimacy and high performing teams within an exciting and demanding sector
- You will be experienced within the delivery of small to medium size projects or work packages (Grade dependent) with a focus on Systems Engineering with a willingness to learn
- Experience in one of the following domains;
- Secure Government
- Commercial Cyber Solutions
- Bids and Proposal Writing
- Prince 2 Foundation or higher or
- A corporate level control account management or
- Association of Project Management Practitioners (APMP/APM)
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS.