Field(s) of expertise
About this job
How would it sound if there was a job opportunity to help secure the Control Center Operations that manage the constellation of Galileo satellites on behalf of the European Commission?
For our customer in the Space industry located in the Munich area, we are building up a team of Cyber Security Engineers with wide technical knowledge on the IT infrastructure with focus on security.
- Establish a baseline for the usage of different Network Protocols, by analysing System log extractions.
- Define any updates of the Ground and Space operational procedures as required.
- Define and create Procedures for log extraction and analysis.
- Provide Cyber Security expertise from an Operations perspective to support the development process for modifications to existing ground segment elements to deal with such findings.
- Routine Checks on the Network Security Status and configuration based on ISO 27001 Standard.
- Establish and maintain a configuration baseline for the System.
- Offline Trend-Analysis with Splunk on extracted Logs.
- Analysis on the System Hardening Status.
- Provide support to the integration, testing and handover from equipment developers to
Operations, in order to validate the closure of any identified vulnerabilities.
- Assess the impact on operational products and processes from any new configuration.
This is a full-time position, located at the customer site in the Greater Munich area, Germany.
- Have a thorough and practical understanding of good systems engineering processes;
- Have at least 5 years of work experience in IT Systems Security;
- Have practical experience of penetration testing, “ethical hacking” and networks forensics and analysis;
- Have demonstrable experience of Windows and Linux OS hardening;
- Possess good inter-personal and communication skills;
- Have a fluent knowledge of English. The Engineer must be able to understand and produce technical documents and presentations in English;
- Be eligible for Security Clearance up to Secret. The Engineer will require Personnel Security Clearance to SECRET level, demonstrated with EU CERT, before being able to take up post;
Fluency in English (spoken and written) is mandatory, as English is the working language.
The variety of the tasks and the scope of the systems to be supported require a high degree of autonomy and good analytical skills together with the ability to effectively cooperate within the team.
What can Terma offer
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the “best-in-class” solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
Terma offers you a pleasant working environment at the customer site, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company.
- Great opportunities for training and personal development
- Challenges in advanced technical environment
- International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere
- An employment contract with an attractive package with extra-legal benefits
- Highly competitive salary
For further information, please contact Mrs. Raluca Moise by telephone [+49 6151 860050] or by email [email@example.com].
To ensure that your application will reach us and is properly processed please apply through the link below with an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and (ideally) a Cover Letter:
Closing date: August 30, 2021
Please note that applicants must be EU citizens.
30. August 2020